Grilled Pita with Lamb Merguez Sausage & Hummus
• Prep Time: 20 minutes • Yields: 2-4 servings
1. Take sausages out of casing, brown in a preheated skillet.
2. Crumble up and set aside once cooked through. Do not drain rendered fat.
3. In a food processor, combine garlic, lemon juice, salt, cumin, and tahini.
4. Blend until mixture resembles smooth peanut butter.
5. Stream in ice water until you have a nice light color and smooth consistency.
6. Add rinsed chickpeas and blend until completely smooth and uniform.
7. Divide hummus into 4 bowls, leaving a small well in the center of each.
8. Spoon warm lamb merguez sausage into the center of each bowl of hummus.
9. Sprinkle with some fresh chopped parsley and serve with grilled or toasted pita bread on the side.