Horseradish Crusted Venison French Rack with Red Wine Dill Sauce
• Prep Time: 30 minutes • Yields: 4-8 servings
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine freshly grated horseradish, egg whites and salt in a small bowl.
3. Apply an even layer of the horseradish mixture on the meat side of the Frenched venison Rib Rack.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large pan on medium-high heat.
5. Add rib rack to pan, crust side down, and sear until golden brown.
6. Flip over and put pan in the oven.
7. Roast for 12-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 125°F.
8. Take out of the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
9. Then, carve the rack into chops by slicing in between the bones.
Method (Red Wine Dill Sauce):
1. Sauté shallots in 1 tablespoon canola oil until soft, about 2 minutes.
2. Add red wine and boil down until reduced by 90%.
3. Add beef stock and simmer until sauce has reduced to about ½ - 3/4 of a cup.
4. Sauce should coat the back of a spoon.
5. Add fresh dill to the sauce and season with salt and pepper.