Poussin Ragu Bianco
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes • Yields: 2-4 servings
2 pkgs. Fossil Farms' Whole Poussin Chicken, 1 lb.
1. Place the Poussin onto a cutting board and use a knife to break each Poussin down into
2. Add the oil to the In a Dutch oven or large braising pot, heat over medium-high heat.
3. Season the Poussins with salt and pepper and place them skin-side down into the heated pot
until the skin is golden brown. Then, flip them over to sear the opposite side.
4. Remove the seared Poussin from the pot and set it aside for the time being. Then, add the
pancetta and allow it to render.
5. Once the pancetta is rendered, add the onions, celery, and fennel. Sweat the vegetables until
translucent, then add the garlic and continue to cook until the garlic is aromatic.
6. Next, add white wine to deglaze the pan. After that, add the stock and herbs and allow them
to come to a simmer.
7. Place the seared Poussin back into the pot and simmer for about an hour until the Poussin is
tender and the broth has reduced.
8. Pull the Poussin out of the pot and shred the meat off the bone. Discard the skin & bones
and place the meat back into the pot.
9. Add the unsalted butter to the pot, stirring in heavy cream and lemon zest.
Then, season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Serve and enjoy!