Duroc Pork Frenched Rack with Homemade Chimichurri Sauce
Prep Time: 2 hours • Yields: 8 -10 servings
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Combine all dry rub ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Heavy season the Duroc Pork rack on all sides with dry rub.
3. In a large skillet over med-high heat, sear roast on all sides until golden brown.
4. Place rack in roasting pan bone side down. Roast uncovered for 1 hr. 20 minutes or until 145°F-160°F internal temperature, depending on your preference of doneness.
5. While roasting, prepare chimichurri. Combine vinegar, garlic, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper in blender. Blend until smooth.
6. Add all herbs, ice cube and jalapeno. Blend until smooth on medium speed. While blending, slowly drizzle extra virgin olive until smooth. Adjust seasoning if needed. Reserve in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Remove the rack from oven, cover loosely with foil. Let rest 7-10 minutes before slicing into chops. Cut between each rib into separate chops.
8. Plate and spoon chimichurri over the chops and enjoy!