Reverse Grilled Bison Tomahawk with Honey Aleppo Roasted Petite Potatoes
Prep Time: 1 hour • Yields: 2-4 servings
Ingredients for Grilled Bison Tomahawk Recipe:
1. Take your Bison Tomahawk steak out of the fridge about 20 minutes before grilling to bring it to room temperature.
2. Preheat the grill on low, with half the grill off, to about 250°F.
3. Rinse and dry the potatoes (no need to peel). Place in a large bowl.
4. Combine 3 tablespoons of the Aleppo pepper flakes, garlic powder, rosemary, oregano, and honey in a small bowl, mix well with a spoon, and set aside.
5. Drizzle the potatoes with the oil, then pour the honey mixture over them, reserving a few tablespoons. Season with salt and pepper then, toss to coat evenly. Set aside and continue with the steak.
6. Liberally season steak with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper flakes.
7. Place your Bison Tomahawk steak on the cool side of the grill and roast low for 20-30 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 120°F. Remove from the grill.
8. Next, get the grill as hot as possible. Use a paper towels to pat any excess moisture from the steak, and grill on high for two to three minutes per side, turning a quarter each minute or minute and a half for great grill marks. Depending on your preferred temperature, you are looking for an internal of about 130°F before resting.
9. Pour the remaining honey Aleppo onto the hot steak while it rests.
10. Lower the grill temperature to 375°F and place two large sheets of heavy-duty foil down on a large baking sheet (you'll use the baking sheet for easy transport) so that the foil pieces are slightly overlapping down the center to create a wider sheet. Coat with non-stick spray. Spread the potatoes onto the foil in a single layer.
11. Place two more overlapping sheets of foil on top, then fold up the edges all the way around to seal and create a packet. Leave some space towards the top of the package to allow the air to circulate.
12. Using the baking sheet, carry the potatoes out to the grill, then slide the packet onto the grill with tongs. Cover, then cook for 15 minutes while the tomahawk steak rests.
13. Carefully open the foil, then use the tongs to flip the potatoes over after 5 minutes of cooking, then cook until the potatoes are tender when pieced with a fork.
14. Slide the potato packet back onto the baking sheet, then transfer them to a large serving plate. On a large cutting board, slice tomahawk steak against the grain, then place over potatoes and last pour over any remaining hot Aleppo honey mixture with fresh parsley.
15. Serve and enjoy!Get The Recipe!