Maple & Herb Roasted Guinea Hen
• Prep Time: 2 hours 30 minutes • Yields: 2-4 servings
1. Make the brine. In a large stock pot, bring half of the water to a boil with the garlic and all of the herbs. Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
2. Add maple, salt, and peppercorns. Turn off heat. Add second half of the water and let brine cool completely.
3. Add the guinea hen to the cooled brined. Refrigerate for 24-48 hours.
4. Remove from brine and pat dry with paper towels.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Allow guinea hen to temper while the oven is warming up.
6. Stuff the bird with some extra fresh herbs and truss the hen with butcher’s twine. Place on a roasting rack.
7. Roast the guinea hen for 30-40 min until internal temperature is 140°F.
8. Remove from oven and turn the temperature up to 450°F.
9. Rub butter all over bird, place back in oven and roast until golden brown and internal temperature is 160°F. About 10-15 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let rest for 8-10 minutes before carving.