Red Wine Braised Bison Short Ribs
• Prep Time: 3 hours 45 minutes • Yields: 4 -6 servings
1. Heat oven to 275°F. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high.
2. Season short ribs with salt and pepper. Sear on all sides in the Dutch oven, working in batches if needed. Remove short ribs and reduce heat to medium.
3. Add garlic and cook, cut side down, for a few minutes until browned. Add the onions, carrots, and celery then season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened but not yet browned.
4. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2-3 more minutes. Add red wine and cook a few minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan, until slightly reduced.
5. Add beef stock, thyme and short ribs back to the pan. Make sure the short ribs are covered and add more water or beef stock until they are, if needed.
6. Place the lid on your Dutch oven and cook for 3½ to 4 hours in preheated oven, or until fork tender and falling off the bone.
7. Serve the short ribs with the sauce from the pan, sprinkled with parsley, over egg noodles, vegetables or on its own. Enjoy!